Neurofeedback Therapy. It is a drug free way to help you learn how to calm your emotions, reduce pain symptoms and stabilize your attention.
What Is Neurofeedback?
For decades, different forms of biofeedback have been used as to train patients to make physiological changes. It’s been an effective treatment for stress, depression, anxiety, pain, high blood pressure, migraines as well as a host of other mind/body conditions.
With neurofeedback therapy, our goal is to help train the your nervous system to be calmer, and your brain to be more focused. Other forms of biofeedback rely on your conscious mind and will to control non body processes. For example, biofeedback is commonly used to teach patients to lower their heart rates, thereby teaching them to relax.
Neurofeedback is a form of biofeedback that evaluates and trains EEG brainwaves.
But neurofeedback works differently than some other forms of biofeedback. It uses the power of non conscious learning to teach skills and stabilize physiological changes.
That means that by simply watching a video game, and getting real time feedback, your brain can learn to adjust itself. This can result in improved mood, a calmer mind and body, and an increased ability to focus.
Learn more about neurofeedback
How Does Neurofeedback Work?
During a training session, you receive live, real- time feedback via video and audio. As you play simple video games, your brain learns to meet certain therapeutic parameters that are set by me.
An in depth, comprehensive assessment will help me to guide the training so as to help you achieve the best possible therapeutic outcome.
What we are essentially doing is retraining, or reconditioning your brain.
I like to tell my clients, “Brains have habits. Some brains learn to be scared, some brains learn to be angry, some brains learn to be depressed. We are helping your brain become more flexible and learn a new habit”.
Articles On Neurofeedback?
Here is an interesting Newsweek article on Neurofeedback
Here is a CNN story on Neurofeedback:
Here is an NBC news story on Neurofeedback for Migraine Treatment:
Here is ABC news with another story on Neurofeedback Training for Migraine:
Here is a New York Times article on neurofeedback training
And Finally, here is a TEDx talk about autism, learning disorders and Neurofeedback training.
Washington Post covers neurofeedback therapy for PTSD
Neurofeedback Training for Depression.
Research On Neurofeedback Training?
If you are more of the academic sort, probably the best place to start would be here:
- 55Neurofeedback Therapy. It's Time For You To Feel Better...Naturally and Without Drugs. What is Neurofeedback Therapy? Neurofeedback Therapy (NFB), also known as biofeedback or neurotherapy, is a form of therapy where we’re given real time feedback on brain activity. With this information, we’re able to retrain the brain to function more…
- 54Congratulations. You have decided to do something about your ADHD. Looking around for some help, you have probably come across magazine articles, TV news stories, or internet stories on the benefits of neurofeedback for ADHD. For many clients, neurofeedback brain…
- 52What Can You Expect From Neurofeedback Training Sessions? You are thinking about doing some neurofeedback training. Perhaps you’ve read a bit about neurofeedback training. Or you have seen coverage about brain training in the media. But you still have some questions and wonder what it would be like to…
- 50How Can You Find The Best Bay Area Neurofeedback Therapist? You’ve heard about how helpful Neurofeedback Therapy is. Now you are considering getting some neurofeedback training for yourself. But where to start? When you begin to research your options, it can be confusing. The field of neurofeedback is pretty…
- 42“Why can’t I sleep? I must be going crazy!” Not getting a full night’s rest can be frustrating at the least and debilitating at its worst. No wonder many people who struggle with sleep problems are at their wit's end. Have you tried going to therapy for your sleep problems or…