After all, so many things in your life depend on you being on top of your game.
At work, you need to stay sharp and focused to get your projects done. Maybe there’s a new position opening up, and you want to make sure that you are being considered.
When you’re at home, you want to be there for your family. Most especially, you have children whom you love and care for.
And, of course, there’s that weekly pickup basketball game you enjoy playing.
However, have you noticed that things have been off lately?
It may be that your brain isn’t operating efficiently.
That’s why neurofeedback for peak performance can help. By participating in neurofeedback therapy you’ll be able to clear away the clouds and maximize your brain’s potential.
When You’re “In the Zone”
When you are at 100% performance, you know it. You are more focused and present. Whatever it is you’re doing, you feel like you’re “in the zone.”
It’s a common phrase meaning that you are actively engaged, challenged, and just plain “into” the activity you are doing. It’s a great feeling!
Oftentimes, you hear professional athletes talk about this phenomenon. For them, it’s as if time slows down as they are making that jump shot, hitting the golf ball, or throwing that perfect pass.
Yet, this same state of consciousness can also be applied to the rest of us. You don’t have to be a pro athlete to feel like you are operating at peak performance.
The problem arises when you find it hard to reach that same level, even though you’ve been successful in the past.
Signs That You Need Neurofeedback For Peak Performance
If you are struggling to get to that “in the zone” state, it may be that your mind isn’t operating at peak performance. Perhaps you are struggling with something that’s causing anxiety. Or you’ve had trouble sleeping lately.
Whatever it is, you just feel like you’re off your game.
Instead of “nailing” that jump shot, you’re missing the basket. This could be happening literally, but it can also be a metaphor for how things are going in your life right now. You just don’t feel like your meeting your full potential.
Take a moment to consider if this has been happening to you lately. If so, it might be time for neurofeedback for peak performance.
How Does Neurofeedback Therapy Work?
Think of neurofeedback for peak performance as a process for retraining your brain.
Right now your brain is struggling with anxiety, stress, OCD, sleep issues, even addiction problems. These all sap energy from your brain. That mental energy, which typically could be used for better means, is being siphoned off by these problems.
Neurofeedback therapy involves using EEG readouts of your brain waves combined with a reward system to retrain your brain. Both you and your therapist are able to see these brainwaves on a computer screen.
In turn, your therapist helps to make adjustments that are helpful for your brain. This allows your brain to make positive changes that help it to function better. Thus, you feel better and are able to be more effective at what you do.
The neat thing about this process is that you can see the changes occurring in real time as your brainwaves are being displayed on the monitor.
Taking advantage of neurofeedback for peak performance is an exciting opportunity to get back “in the zone.” By participating in neurofeedback therapy sessions that combine EEG readouts with suggestions from your therapist, you can begin to see real change.
In time, with neurofeedback for peak performance, you’ll be able to meet your full potential!
If you would like to know more about neurofeedback therapy and how I can help you feel better by utilizing this treatment method, please click on the link.
- 51Neurofeedback Therapy. It's Time For You To Feel Better...Naturally and Without Drugs. What is Neurofeedback Therapy? Neurofeedback Therapy (NFB), also known as biofeedback or neurotherapy, is a form of therapy where we’re given real time feedback on brain activity. With this information, we’re able to retrain the brain to function more…
- 36“Why can’t I sleep? I must be going crazy!” Not getting a full night’s rest can be frustrating at the least and debilitating at its worst. No wonder many people who struggle with sleep problems are at their wit's end. Have you tried going to therapy for your sleep problems or…
- 35Neurofeedback Therapy: Why Do Some Choose This Modality Over Other Treatment Methods? When we need help with our mental health, there are many treatment options available. Talk therapy and medication are traditionally two of the most popular tools out there. However, do they really work for everyone in…
- 35Neurofeedback For Anxiety- It Might Be The Most Effective Approach For You. Have you been hearing a lot about neurofeedback lately? There has been a lot of buzz about neurofeedback. News sites publish articles about neurofeedback therapy being used to treat PTSD and aid recovery for soldiers with Traumatic Brain…
- 33Neurofeedback Therapy. It is a drug free way to help you learn how to calm your emotions, reduce pain symptoms and stabilize your attention. What Is Neurofeedback? For decades, different forms of biofeedback have been used as to train patients to make physiological changes. It's been an effective treatment…